Are YOU Interested In Learning About Orthodontic Treatments That…
7 hours of live streaming Video
The Face Focused® PhilosophyPresented LIVE By Dr. Bill Hang
Dr. Hang originally registered the mark “Face Focused Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics®” because he became committed to doing orthodontics which took into account the effect of orthodontics on the face. Too often traditional orthodontics produces straight teeth but ignores or even damages the balance of the face.
He has since recognized that by respecting the profile and balance of the face, a person’s airway is not compromised and often can be improved. A compromised airway can be associated with TMJ problems, headaches, and sleep apnea.
The Face Focused®Philosophy goes well beyond creating facial balance to treating the critical airway factors that directly correlate to a patient’s overall health & well being. This program does not teach specific treatments in detail. For more information about Dr. Hang’s Orthotropics® Mini-Residency & other courses where he instructs on specific treatments, click here.
In this 7 hour streaming video program, Dr. Hang walks you through The Face Focused® Philosophy of diagnostics & treatments. This program gives you an overview of Dr. Hang’s treatment approach.
What’s Covered In This 7 Hour Program?
The Underlying Cause of All Malocclusions…
Poor rest oral posture (lip-apart vs. lip-together) acts 24 hours a day and affects jaw growth dramatically. Constant lip-apart posture over a period of years results in both jaws failing to grow properly forward to their genetically determined positions. The cheeks flatten, the face lengthens, and the nose bends as both jaws fall back. This pattern of facial change, which occurs in millions of people living in industrialized countries, continues throughout life as long as the oral posture remains uncorrected.
The Primary Face Focused® Treatments…
Orthotropics® to develop the entire lower face forward in young children has been proven scientifically to improve the airway. Pre and post treatment x-rays show a dramatic, and clinically very significant, improvement in this child’s airway and ability to breathe.
Orthodontic treatment of this 14 year-old girl advanced her teeth in her face (exact opposite of conventional treatment). This not only improved her facial appearance, but dramatically improved her airway – all non-surgically. Notice the airway improvement on these x-rays.
This 27 year old female underwent conventional orthodontic treatment as a child. She had permanent teeth extracted. She wore braces that pulled her upper and lower teeth back into her face. Subsequently, she suffered near constant debilitating headaches for over a decade. Dr. Hang re-opened the spaces so the extracted teeth could be replaced. Her headache pattern disappeared completely and has never returned. Her facial appearance improvement speaks for itself.
This 59 year old male suffered with uncontrolled Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) for 15 years before an orthodontic/orthognathic surgical correction improved his airway (as shown) and completely eliminated his OSA symptoms.
How The Program Looks & Sounds
- This is a PROFESSIONALLY VIDEOTAPED AND EDITED PROGRAMS.
- It is DELIVERED VIA STREAMING VIDEO that can be accessed from any internet connected device at anytime.
How To Access The Program..
- A username
- A password
- Instructions that allow you to access the program from any device-anywhere-anytime.
Dr. Hang received a traditional orthodontic education and taught conventional, mainstream methods in a university orthodontic program.
Years of clinical experience with retractive orthodontics made it crystal clear to him that the short and long term results of “traditional” methods often had serious esthetic and functional shortcomings.
This realization gave Dr. Hang the impetus he needed to find a better way. 25 years later, thousands of patients and students around the world agree…HE DID!
In this 7 hour lecture, he shares his experience with you…
- Why OSA would not exist if the jaws were properly positioned forward in the face with a larger airway resulting
- How most orthodontic treatment is retractive in nature (headgear, Class II elastics, TAD’s for retraction, Herbst, etc.) and how retraction can REDUCE the airway
- Orthodontic treatments for all ages that do not retract and do not reduce the airway
- How the term “rest oral posture” is the one term never learned in orthodontics but is the most important thing in orthodontics
- How easy facial diagnosis can be without the insanity of traditional cephalametric analysis
- How the refereed literature supports the ideas presented… Dr. Hang cites & shows specific articles from respected professional jouranals
- Why better facial balance, larger airway, and uncompressed TMJ’s are different facets of the same gem we call Face Focused Orthodontics®